Hello teachers! Welcome to our new schedule/time sheet/invoice/and book order page. You can access this page on any of your devices.
Please do not share this page or your password with anyone. This page is private. Have a great day!
Since you are all self-employed it is your responsibility to issue us an invoice once every two weeks. Invoices are due before 9 a.m. every payday which is usually Mondays every second week unless otherwise stated. If we are closed on a Monday it will be the next day - Tuesday, however invoices will still be due before 9 a.m. Monday. If you do not submit on time you will be paid in the next pay period. FYI Time sheets may also be asked for by the government if you are ever audited.
Please help to keep our studio safe and follow all rules and protocols to a T. We have also included Mini Musicians protocols and Private lessons protocols for parents for your info.
It is recommended that you have your own personalized invoice and time sheet with all your contact information on it. However, if you do not have your own personalized invoice, here is one you can download and use. It is recommended that you use the time sheet because if you are ever audited they may ask for it, but also it helps Kim if there are any discrepancies.
Additionally, please see your COVID addendum attached to your contract this year
We are providing hand sanitizer for the students at the front entrance. They will sanitize their hands upon entry. Please provide your own hand sanitizer to keep in your room for your own personal use and sanitize your hands in between lessons. Tatiana has a thermometer at the front door and every day as you walk in you will get your temperature checked. (This is so we can tell the parents you have had it checked)
Since there are no parents allowed in the waiting area temporarily, you are not required to walk out and explain what was done in the lesson to them. Therefore, you are welcome to wait in your room for Tatiana to send you your student. But please make sure Tatiana knows your wishes.
I have purchased a custom made masks for everyone who got back to me via email on time. If you did not get back to me you can still order a mask from the link I sent you at your own personal expense. If you forget a mask they will be for sale at $3.00 per mask at the front desk. No freebies as we wish to deter people from purchasing them at all and wish for everyone to bring their own and take care of their own. They are now very expensive and hard to get so please remember to bring your mask.
Masks must be worn until further notice. When you are in your room and you have a 6 feet distance between you and your student vocalists are permitted to take off their masks and vocal TEACHERS will be given a face covering for those lessons. Vocal students are allowed to take their mask off but must social distance with the teacher.
If you can not safely social distance from your student you must leave your mask on during the lesson.
One of our teachers made the suggestion that 10 minute (temporary) buffer zones in between lessons needed to happen and she was absolutely correct! THANKS! We will provide each room with a spray bottle and a cloth. Please wipe down the chair the student sat in, anything the student touched. DO NOT SPRAY DIRECTLY ON TO THE PIANO ONLY ON THE CLOTH PLEASE.
And while I have your attention - anyone who put stickers on these pianos - please take them off yourself and do not do that again please.
Ask student to not touch the door handle so that you don't have to continuously wipe it down - You be in charge of opening and closing the door.
The 10 minute buffer zone is also useful to get set up for your online lessons vrs your live lessons. You MUST bring your laptop to school every day from now on and some lessons will be online. I have provided a table for each room that is slightly higher than the piano. This is where you will place your laptop when you arrive so that the students can see the piano and you in the frame. Please come in early enough to boot up your computers and sign in to wifi and your classroom BEFORE you begin your teaching day. There is to be NO internet use when not in a zoom classroom as we need to keep our internet clear and crisp for the large amount of zoom classrooms that will be used. Clients are also not allowed to sign in to our internet right now.
If you are not in room 7, 10 or 11, and you have a vocal lesson, please see on schedule which room you will be conducting that lesson in. We are moving vocal lessons to large rooms - or - the second reception area if a large room is not available. There is no one allowed to wait in reception.
We would prefer to avoid using subs during this time if at all possible, however, when you cancel on us - especially last minute - it is a nightmare for us. So if you absolutely HAVE to use a sub (which if you can not make class we expect you do provide) Please make sure they are fully schooled on our protocols and understand how important they are. Also as usual provide them with a list of your students and exactly what you are doing with them.
If a student is even slightly ill - even with the simple sniffles - we have asked them to convert to an online lesson for that week.
The area at the bottom of the lesson (by default is grey) will be blue if lesson is online and green if in studio and covid release form has been signed
We are using zoom. Your classrooms remain the same. (If you are new this year, we will provide your classroom id and password in a separate note)
If your student is not in the "waiting room" after a few minutes, stop the meeting, close, then open again. If still not there, let reception know immediately and the student will be called
- Please keep your studio clean and tidy.
- It is even MORE important now to WASH YOUR OWN DISHES! Why should Tatiana and Miriam have to wash your dishes? Also to prevent the spread of any colds/covid etc it is important you take care of your own now.
- Do not ever leave your dishes in your room. This is not just your room - others use it too.
- If something is broken and beyond repair, let reception know and then if reception gives you the go ahead - throw it out
- if something is broken and CAN be fixed, let reception know and put a sign on it saying what is broken and then leave it with reception
-*** remember that this is a small business, the walls that get ruined by rubbing up the backs of the chairs on them, or hitting guitars on them, The carpets that get dirty by spilling coffee on them, The instruments that may break from mishandling, Kim pays for all of this on a shoe string budget. Please treat your studio like your own home.
***The old saying.... "Your mom doesn't work here" is now more important than ever. Myself, Miriam and Tatiana are the ones who actually clean up after you when you leave garbage on the floor. So whenever you leave garbage and broken things lying around in your room Tatiana or Miriam will not feel very good about that. And then when I do a once over from time to time I get very frustrated by the lack of respect that is shown to us in this regard.
- ****the music stands have to be handled carefully - the knob that you turn to tighten them can not be over tightened, nor can you move the stand up and down while it is tightened. These are expensive pieces of equipment - please treat them carefully as if you paid for them yourself.
- Don't put stickers on our pianos please! Take off the stickers you have already put on please and clean off all the goo. We shouldn't have to do this for you.
All students, teachers and administrative staff will wear masks when in the studio. Student must bring their own mask. We may have masks for sale at the front desk but this is not guaranteed depending upon supply.
Teachers can also wear plastic shields if student requests this since some of our rooms do not allow for 6 foot distance to be kept.
All students, teachers and administrative staff will have their temperature read before entering the studio. Please approach Tatiana's desk for this.
Hand sanitizer will be used before every lesson as student walks in the door and teacher will also use their own hand santizer frequently over the evening.
Chairs and instruments will be wiped with cleaning solution between classes.
No one is permitted to wait in the waiting room.
Students will arrive just before their lesson and leave immediately after.
A buffer of 10 minutes be given between lessons so there is less of a chance of students leaving being in the waiting area at the same time as students arriving and a chance for disinfection and with online lessons a chance for technical disruption fixes.
If the students it feeling unwell, lessons will be online. Please notify us as soon as you know. This is why zoom must be installed on all students computers and ready to go in a last minute emergency scenerio. (EMAIL will be used to contact you)
* Lesson plans will be adjusted based on new COVID protocols.
* Maximum size for each class will be no more than six.
* Face shield or clear mask shield is mandatory for teacher. Masks are not mandatory for children of this age group.
* There is no longer free play in order to avoid sharing instruments and toys.
* Instrument kit will be provided for each child by school to avoid sharing instruments. (This will need to be purchased by the parent - we are now gathering quotes and will be getting back to you about the extra cost)
* Signs and other visual markers on the floor will be used to help children visually maintain physical distance.
* Children shall remain in circle for movements and one child moves at a time while maintaining a physical distance.
* Some parents (Mini Musicians level 1's for sure) MAY be asked to sit in the class (with masks) for a minimum of one month to help children maintain physical distancing.
* Outdoor clothing and bags are not allowed in the room.
* If your child is sick they will not be allowed in the school. please notify us asap. Unfortunately no make up lesson can be provided.
* If the government shuts business down due to a second wave we will move all lessons online immediately. With 6 students this CAN be achieved but with the help of the parent who must take part in each class to guide their child.
* If Sama is sick she will conduct online lessons that day - zoom needs to be set up on everyone's laptops and ready to go if this occurs please! We can help you do this but we must do it in advance before lessons begin.
* Sama's temperature will be taken when she arrives at the studio and she will also be taking part in a health screen as are all of our teachers and admin staff.
* When parent is no longer taking part in the class, he/she must wait out in the car until time to pick up children from class. When class is over parent must stand outside front door to wait for child to emerge.
* Parents will be signing a waiver form before lessons begin that states an understanding of COVID risks.
Addison Music Learning Centre is a music school located at 481 North Service Road West, Oakville, Ontario, L6M 2V6
providing music lessons for all Instruments and all ages. Addison Music Learning Centre is now providing online virtual internet music lessons too!
Copyright © 2020 Addison Music Learning Centre - All Rights Reserved.